Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Alabama Learner's Permit

Today marks a major milestone. Scribbles Pohick received her learner's permit. And yes, when I say learner's permit, I mean a real live license to operate an automobile. My immediate thoughts were, "This can't be happening to me. I'm not old enough to have a daughter who is old enough to operate an automobile." I also find it hard to escape the thought that time is passing by entirely too quickly. We only brought Scribbles home from the hospital a year or two ago or so it seems. And to me, it seems as if this is the same little girl who just started kindergarten last week. How can she be old enough to drive a car? Now intellectually, I realize that she is indeed old enough (legally at least) to drive a car. That doesn't ease my angst though. If the last fifteen years have gone by so quickly, how fast will the next few precious years pass by. How long before scribbles graduates from high school and starts college? (3 years). How long before she graduates from college? (7 years). How long before she brings home a young man for the family to meet? (Editor's note: Jake passed out at this thought and had to be revived by splashing cold water on his face and patting his wrists. He is OK now. ) So, I guess the moral of the story is that we can't stop time. Live your life the best way that you can, help those around you and by all means make the most of the time with those closest to you.

If your child is going to be driving soon, I recommend that you take a look at these resources.
PS. I'm sure that scribbles will do just fine with driving, but you might want to use some caution if you are in the Alabama vicinity for the next while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!